We are excited to announce a national casting call for Mabel, the lead female role in our Western SHE WAS THE DEPUTY’S WIFE.
This is a paid role and this will be a SAG project. Submissions are accepted from anywhere in the U.S.
All video submissions are due September 14th. Please read all the guidelines and the description of Mabel below:
- Age Range: 25 to 35
- Ethnicity: non-specific, we are open to all races/ethnicities
- Physical Attributes: fit, slim, attractive, tough.
- Skills (not required but certainly preferred): horse riding, combat training, experience with firearms.
- Description of Mabel: She is a passionate and strong woman, one who has kept those parts of her hidden until now. She is married to the sheriff’s deputy, Jonathan, a nice man but they have never really understood each other. Mabel has secretly fallen in love with a horse thief named Paul who is about to hang. She makes a decision that will forever alter her life and possibly lead to its end, but for the first time, this is her choice.
- Please prepare and perform both all four scenes provided in the hyperlinks below:
- We are accepting submissions from both Non-Union and Union actresses. Talent will be paid $125 a day if cast in the role.
- Production will take place in Arizona during March 2020. Talent will be provided lodging/meals during production if chosen.
- As stated above, we are accepting submissions from anywhere in the U.S. but any local talent will be given special consideration.
- Video must be shared with us via a downloadable source, preferably Vimeo but you may also send via Google Drive, Dropbox, and WeTransfer.
- Video audition must include a slate introduction with your name, where you’re located, and any special skills you have pertaining to this film.
- Actresses have two weeks to submit their videos. All submissions due by September 14th.
Please send all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org and feel free to reach out if you have any questions.