We are excited to announce the casting call for principal female roles in TURN AND BURN, our “modern Western” focused on the sport of barrel racing. The auditions will take place at the Queen City Classic Barrel Race on November 30th in Meridian where the production of the film will also be based September 2020.
From 10am to 4pm, director Travis Mills and writer Joseph Pevey will hold an open casting call for the lead female role of Jessica. In addition, we will be auditioning for younger versions of the Jessica character.
Our goal is to cast women with actual barrel racing and horsemanship experience. Any training in film acting is a plus but not required. If cast in the role, you will be required to work extensively with the filmmakers to prepare dialog and perform in front of the camera.
- Auditions will take place during the Queen City Classic Barrel Racing Event.
- The casting call will be on a first come, first served basis. We will see as many women as possible between 10am and 4pm.
- Each woman (all ages auditioning) will be required to show us her horse riding and barrel racing skills in a specific section of the warm-up area at the Ag-Center. You are required to bring your own horse. No horses will be provided by the Ag-Center or production.
- Each woman, after completing the horse riding portion of the audition, will be asked to perform one to two scenes from the script. See the scenes included below with each character. Please prepare this dialog ahead of time.
Again, we are casting for the lead female character, Jessica, and two younger versions of her in the script. Here is information about the characters:
Jessica – Lead Role
- Age late 20s – early 30s
- Attractive, in good physical condition. A bit of a tomboy but still very feminine.
- She is independent, passionate about barrel racing, but also approaching a crossroads in her life where she may have to give up the sport she loves so much.
- Please prepare the following two scenes: Adult Jessica Scene 1 and Adult Jessica Scene 2
Teenage Jessica – Supporting Role
- Age 14 – 18
- The teenage Jessica is an emotionally-charged young woman. She has now won many trophies as a barrel racer but deep down struggles with the frayed relationship with her estranged mother.
- Please prepare the following scene: Teenage Jessica Scene
Young Jessica – Supporting Role
- Age 8 – 10
- The young Jessica is an enthusiastic girl who can’t wait to be a barrel racer. She is also a confused child who does not understand the absence of her mother.
- Please prepare the following scene: Young Jessica Scene
If you have any questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org